Effective from October 22, 2015
- To apply for a Russian course, please complete our online application form.
- Afterwards, we will discuss students’ intentions and priorities and develop a specially tailored training course and a budget proposal to fully match requests.
- After receiving customers’ approval, we will prepare an invoice. This invoice usually requests an advance payment (registration fee + deposit) to secure the course.
- All prices on our website are shown in EUR.
- The registration fee covers the cost of the welcome kit, training materials, coffee breaks and other services related to study and accommodation.
- The registration fee and deposit should be paid within two weeks of receiving the invoice.
- For individual training programs:
- Full balance must be paid in the first week of training.
- If an individual program begins within three weeks of receiving the invoice, we will ask you to pay fully in advance.
- We accept bank wire transfers, credit cards and PayPal payments.
- Bank charges are at students’ expense.
- Students may choose to stay with a Russian-speaking host family or in a hotel.
- Most students select the host family accommodation option. This gives them an excellent opportunity to experience daily life and traditions and to use the Russian language in a relaxed and natural environment.
- We highly recommend deciding on accommodation in advance.
Travel to Daugavpils
- After landing at Riga International Airport (RIX), take a taxi or a bus to the central railway station or the central bus terminal, which are located near each other in the center of Riga. This ride should take 20-30 minutes under normal traffic conditions.
- Comfortable buses and trains depart to Daugavpils frequently. The trip from Riga to Daugavpils is 3-4 hours.
- Please check train and bus schedules in advance.
- Upon request we can provide a transfer service from Riga International Airport to Daugavpils. Please request this service in the application form.
Let us know your travel itinerary.
- Please make sure we know your arrival details in advance.
- We always meet students at the bus terminal or train station in Daugavpils and take them to their accommodations free of charge.
- We advise students to obtain appropriate travel insurance in advance.
- For project groups we highly recommend purchasing a local health insurance plan. This can be very useful if students have any health issues during the time of the course.
- Our training center and vehicles are fully insured.
- Citizens of many countries do not require a visa to visit Latvia.
- Currently, our program does not provide visa support services.
- Our program provides students with a basic mobile phone and local SIM card with a small deposit for local and international calls. Funds can be easily added to the card account if necessary.
- If you bring your own phone, please make sure it supports communication standard GSM 900/1800.
- All host families have Internet access – usually Wi-Fi.
- The students have Wi-Fi Internet access in the training center. The city of Daugavpils also offers free Wi-Fi coverage in many public places.
- If for whatever reason we cancel a course before it starts, we will refund all advance payments from a student or an organization.
- If a student or organization asks to changing a course start date and this request can be fulfilled, no penalty fees apply.
- If a student or organization cancels registration
- more than 30 days before the course start date, we will refund all advance payments;
- 29-15 days before the course start date, we will refund all advance payments except the registration fee;
- less than 15 days before the course start date or after the course has started, or if a student does not arrive to begin a course, then we do not refund any advance payments except in cases of illness or family death. In these cases, any refund is at the discretion of the program.
- If a course is interrupted due to a student’s illness or a family death, we may either negotiate the student’s return for the remaining part of the course or refund the remaining course fee except for any expenses incurred by us. Any refund is at the discretion of the program.
- We reserve the right to adjust programs appropriately in case of riots, strikes, war or other events of force majeure. The program cannot be held responsible for changes occurring as a result of these events.