“Learn Russian in the EU” designed this semester-long virtual study abroad program for university students and working professionals who look for developing proficiency in Russian.
The program focuses on advance in comprehension, speaking, active vocabulary development, and cultural understanding. The program includes intensive Russian language course, individual grammar tutoring, individual peer communication tutors, and interactive virtual excursions.
The program will run at two levels:
- Second year, for students with at least one full year of Russian study prior the program;
- Third year, for students with two years or more of Russian study prior the program.
This program is not for university credits. However, the credits may be awarded by the home university under some conditions. Please contact your Russian Department and Study Abroad advisor.
|Intensive Russian, contact academic hours
|One-on-one grammar tutoring
|One-on-one peer communication practice
|Interactive virtual excursions
- The syllabus is available here.
- Program levels:
- Second year of Russian language study;
- Third year of Russian language study.
- University credits will not be awarded.
- Synchronous online instruction using Zoom.
- All courses taught in Russian, though some instructors are fluent English speakers.
- Online group size will not exceed 6 students.
Lessons and activities will run Monday-Friday. Students can register for studying at one of the offered streams
- 14:00 Latvian time (12:00 London time / 7:00 am US Eastern Time).
- 19:00 Latvian time (17:00 London time / 12:00 noon US Eastern Time).
- Undergraduate, graduate student, working professional.
- One/two years of university-level Russian language are required, depending on the program level.
- All applicants are required to submit the Russian language placement test upon applying to the program.
- Online oral interview will be scheduled prior to the program start.
- “Learn Russian in the EU” teachers will review the testing results and place the student at the most appropriate level.
- Start date Monday, February 1, 2021.
- End date Friday, May 21, 2021.
- “Learn Russian in the EU” uses a proprietary Learning Management System to handle all management tasks.
- Upon receiving the application and the Russian language placement test, we will
- send the student an acceptance confirmation letter;
- create a student account at students.learnrussianineu.com, which will provide access to student profile, course information, class schedule with Zoom links, homework assignments, and more;
- send the participation confirmation invoice;
- provide detailed instructions on further steps.
- After receiving the participation confirmation fee, we will email the tuition fee invoice.
- After completion of the course, we will send the “Learn Russian in the EU” certificate to the address specified by the student.
- We use Zoom as the online teaching platform.
- “Learn Russian in the EU” uses a proprietary Learning Management System to handle all management tasks. All students will have personal accounts in the LMS.
- Student account provides access to the student profile, course information, and class schedule with Zoom links, homework assignments, and more.
- We highly recommend using a desktop computer or a laptop for remote lessons. Using a tablet or smartphone is less convenient and may worsen your learning experience. Screen size matters in online classes.
- Your device should be equipped with a camera, microphone and audio output (speakers, headset).
Fees and payments:
|Participation confirmation (non-refundable)
- We accept credit card payments via PayPal Credit Card Processing (PayPal service fees apply) or bank wire transfers.
- We allow split payment for the program:
- 60% of the tuition fee have to be paid before the program begins;
- the remaining 40% of the tuition fee can be paid by October 20, 2021.
- The application deadline is August 15, 2021.